Saturday, March 15, 2014

Talkin Turkey


My journey today began bright and early....I traveled two lane back roads and watched the sun come up on my way to quilt class in Oliver Springs, Tennessee...
I was off to a class with world famous quilter and author Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville fame..
Here is Bonnie with her Talkin Turkey quilt....
We got right to work sewing on our strings...which range in size from 3/4" to 2"
Here is my basket of strings...this is right up my alley....and yes there is a basket in there. Somewhere!
And this is my block...as you can see I decided to make mine "scrappy"....this isn't a good picture. It looks better and I'm liking the way it turned out.

Here are a few photos of "show & tell" by some of my class mates....
A big Thank You to the Ritzy Thimble Guild for hosting this awesome class...and to Bonnie Hunter who is a GREAT instructor....what a great way to spend "National Quilting Day"....

1 comment:

  1. Love your scrappy block! Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot!